July 21, 2022, ‘Ghosts‘ executive producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman and stars Rose McIver, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Brandon Scott Jones, Richie Moriarty, Danielle Pinnock, Asher Grodman, Román Zaragoza, Sheila Carrasco, Rebecca Wisocky, Devan Chandler Long attended the ‘2022 San Diego Comic Con‘ a “spirited” panel conversation.
Over one hundred pictures have been added in the gallery. Be sure to follow the links below.
'Ghosts' Panel | SDCC 2022 | Entertainment Weekly
The cast of GHOSTS on meeting their biggest fans @ San Diego Comic Con | TV Insider
'Ghosts' interactive experience at Comic-Con | CBS 8 chats with the actors
'Ghosts' CBS 'Pete's Friend Zone' at San Diego Comic Con for 'Summer of Ghosts' (July 21, 2022)
'Ghosts' CBS Panel at San Diego Comic Con (July 21, 2022)
'Ghosts' CBS Photoshoot at San Diego Comic Con (July 12, 2022)
- Brandon Scott Jones remembered his audition, “I thought I had tanked the audition and went and got the most amount of Taco Bell ever. Like $19 worth of Taco Bell.“
- “It’s such a dream to work with people you love. We’re trapped in Montreal and forced to hang out with each other, so it’s great” said Román Zaragoza.
- “Characters are allowed to take one step forward and then three steps back in terms of learning new things.” said Rebecca Wisocky
- What’s to come for Alberta in Season 2? Danielle Pinnock revealed, “We’re going to explore what happened with her murder and I can’t wait for y’all to see it!“
- “We are so lucky with this team. We genuinely love and care about each other. I’m looking out right now at this crowd and what a joy and privilege it is to have you all here” said Rose McIver.
- Utkarsh Ambudkar notes that Jay and Sam‘s relationship is rather unique. “Jay just goes with her. In what world does your wife go ‘there’s ghosts here’ and he just goes ‘cool are they hungry?’“
- Executive Producer Joe Wiseman teased for Season 2, “Alberta will be singing in a jazz club.“
- The whole cast agrees, if anyone’s going to ruin a take by giggling it’s going to be T-money himself, Asher Grodman.
- As to whether he will remain pantsless, Asher Grodman said, “it keeps me kind of alert and awake…being pantsless is an honor.“
- Joe Wiseman revealed “We’d been talking about showing Flowers death but we were told there aren’t adequately trained bears in Montreal.” There is Devan Long in a bear costume as an option according to Danielle Pinnock.
- Rose McIver memorizes the ghosts positioning and lines because each scene with the ghosts usually requires multiple takes—with the ghosts and without. Show is far more technical than one might expect, she said. Utkarsh Ambudkar says it’s incredible to watch Rose McIver work. Like said before, she has to memorize everyone else’s lines and marks to shoot with the ghosts and the living separately. “She’s the engine that keeps us running.”
- Utkarsh Ambudkar’s daughter was cosplaying Flower and his son is cosplaying Trevor.
- Creepy Dirk is the cast’s favorite downstairs ghost.
- Richie Moriarty played one of the cholera ghosts toward the beginning of season one.
- “A Euphoria spin off for Flower would be really cool” said Utkarsh Ambudkar.
- Utkarsh Ambudkar joked “Are we allowed to talk about the pandemic? You know because it doesn’t exist anymore” “What is covid?” said Devan Long in Thorfinn’s accent.
- “We’re going to dive into more of his backstory, so get ready,” said Román Zaragoza on more Sasappis stories in Season 2.
- Rose McIver thought the prom episode was the best, felt it was very “loving.” The rest of the cast agreed.
- Season 2 teases the aftermath of Jay’s fall. Viewers will also meet suspects in Alberta’s murder and see her sing in a jazz club. More on Sasappis and his mysterious power too.
- Joe Wiseman, teased that “we’re going to learn a little bit more” in Season 2 about each ghost’s backstory—starting to further examine “lots of fun mysteries.”
- Joe Wiseman also confirmed that each ghost has a special power, and that the show will “continue to explore” them all.
- Joe Wiseman added that there’s a tree on Samantha and Jay’s property that’s “as old as Sasappis,” which we’ll find out more about in terms of the “special meaning” it has for him.
- Joe Port noted that Season 2 will explore “a surprising connection” between established characters and “a ghost that lives at the Farnsbys’ house.”
- “Jean-Claude Van Damme,” Utkarsh Ambudkar joked. “He’s going to play my dad.”
- Rebecca Wisocky said “We would love to be visited by the cast of the original [series].”
- “We’ve had fans ranging from Mark Hamill — Luke Skywalker himself — all the way to my neighbors who now know that I live in the neighborhood after several years,” Utkarsh Ambudkar says jokingly about fan interactions after the CBS series’ first season. “Across the board, I think Ghosts has really struck a chord with audiences,” Utkarsh Ambudkar adds, “families especially.”
Some of the other experiences the cast has had with fans include Richie Moriarty meeting someone who dressed up as his lovable ’80s dad character Pete for Halloween. “This little girl came dressed as my character, not knowing that I lived there,” he remarks. And Danielle Pinnock, gave an honorary shoutout to Brenda, a woman from Michigan whom she met in Wine Country.
- Román Zaragoza notes that he’s met many grandmas and aunties who have lauded the show’s indigenous representation. As for what’s ahead in Season 2? Following the opening of Sam and Jay’s bed and breakfast at Woodstone, Rose McIver sarcastically quips, “I think it’s going to go really smooth.” Ambudkar is even less optimistic about their characters, teasing, “We’ve got a long road ahead.”
- Utkarsh Ambudkar revealed, “We have new ghosts.” Meanwhile, Rose McIver added how “the B&B will be open” with new guests but that also means, “it’s not smooth sailing… and we have eight surprise inhabitants of the place.“
- Utkarsh Ambudkar dropped a tease for Thorfinn. He mentioned that there is “somebody from his past that we meet, too, that is really special.“
- Joe Wiseman previously confirmed that the new season of the show would bring in some new apparitions. “It’s a big property, it’s a big house… and we have thought of creative, fun ways to bring ghosts into the property,” He added, however, that “there are ghosts wherever Sam goes,” so fans will get to know “some of the ghosts on neighboring properties, that might have surprising connections to our ghosts, and we can get stories that way.“
Information thanks to @CBSTVStudios, @collectivenerds, @TellTaleTV_, tvinsider.com, deadline.com, popculture.com